Monday 13 May 2013

Punctured bicycle on a hillside desolate...

Inspired by line from The Smiths song, "This Charming Man". I took a bike up onto the moor (in addition to my 120 pinhole, 35mm pinhole SLR and a lensed 35mm SLR, all loaded with colour film). The bike shots captured by the 120 pinhole came out well, especially those with bike lay flat on the ground. The lensed 35mm images were also good, however I thought that the sharp detail might distract the viewer away from the intended meaning of the images (ie abandonment, isolation, loneliness). A number of the bike images captured by the 35mm pinhole had the bike truncated - this is because I couldn't see much through the viewfinder (given the size of the pinhole).



I also wanted to capture some more road shots, this time looking straight down the long stretches of road lying between Greenfield and Holmfirth. Encouraged by the result obtained by mounting the 120 camera on the road surface, I repeated this shot on a long straight stretch. The result is shown below, I'll leave it up to you to pass judgement.


No comments:

Post a Comment