Monday 13 May 2013

Snow stopped play...

I couldn't get back on the moors until early April due to ice and snow. On the 5th April I ventured up to the two same spots (above Denshaw and Diggle). The wind was ferocious and I really struggled to keep the tripod steady. This time I was using only pinhole cameras - I didn't really see the point of using the lensed camera. I looked for images that evoked desolation and isolation (not too difficult in this environment!)

For some unknown reason, I seemed attracted to the TV transmitter - maybe its because it is the only real sign (other than the roads) that life may be going on elsewhere, or maybe it the juxtaposition of a manmade structure completely surrounded by nature (see image below).
 

Again we have examples of sea / landscapes, one colour the other black and white. This is a quality of pinhole that really attracts me.



 Again, both are images of a frozen reservoir above Diggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment